Quality Renters, Auto And Home Insurance Coverage For The Golden State
The valuables in your life are important to protect. Your car, home, possessions and lifestyle—they all need the support of quality insurance protection that will shore them up in case of any unexpected loss. These benefits are there to help you continue to live comfortably even after life’s accidents occur.
At BluCanopy, we provide great customer service and reliable home, auto and renters insurance policies for all Californians. To get started, call (800) 573-0226 or get an online quote today by clicking the button below.
Start Your Quote
Common California Insurance Questions
1How Much Is Renters Insurance Per Month For An Apartment In California?
The average cost of renters insurance in California is about $16.25 a month.
2Do You Need Renters Insurance In California?
Renters insurance is not required by law, but most landlords will require you to carry renters insurance as a part of your leasing agreement.
3What Does Renters Insurance Cover In California?
A basic renters insurance policy includes:
- Personal Belongings Coverage: This coverage, also known as personal possessions coverage, provides compensation for damage and loss of your items due to fire, smoke, lightning, theft or vandalism.
- Personal General Liability: This coverage steps in if a third party suffers bodily injury or property damage on the rented property. For example, if someone slips and falls in your apartment, this coverage can help with their medical bills and possible legal expenses that follow.
- Additional Living Expenses: Additional living expenses (ALE) help with the cost of temporarily moving elsewhere while the rented property is being repaired or rebuilt after a disaster.
4What Type Of Renters Insurance Is Available In California?
There are two possible types of policies available when it comes to personal belongings coverage: actual cash value and replacement cost value. Actual cash value policies provide compensation for lost or damaged items while accounting for depreciation. This means that the amount of compensation you can receive goes down as the market value of your personal items goes down. Replacement cost value policies provide compensation without accounting for depreciation, allowing you to replace personal belongings with items of equal or similar value. This second policy is generally more expensive. But it may allow you to more fully replace your lost belongings.
5Which Auto Insurance Is Best In California?
Your best auto insurance plan is the plan that offers you the most appropriate help with the costs of vehicle damage, medical bills and even lawsuits that might arise from wrecks or other hazards. For everyone, this could be a different combination of coverage options. That’s why we’re committed to help you design the coverage that both provides you adequate protection and still fits into your family’s budget.
6How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need In California?
All drivers in California must have proof of financial responsibility when driving. Auto liability insurance is the coverage that helps you meet this requirement. If you buy car insurance in California, then your plan must carry at least:
- $15,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $30,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $5,000 property damage liability coverage per accident
Liability coverage will repay third parties who are not riding in the car with you for the damage or injuries you cause them if an accident is your fault.
However, you should always consider increasing your basic liability policy with benefits like:
- Higher liability coverage limits.
- Collision Insurance: This pays for your vehicle damage following wrecks.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If a non-accident hazard — such as a fire, severe weather, theft or vandalism — damages your car, then this coverage can pay for your repairs.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: If you are the victim of a hit-and-run or if an at-fault driver has no liability insurance, then this coverage can compensate you for your losses.
- Medical Payments Coverage: When you or your passengers get hurt in wrecks, coverage can pay for your medical bills.
7How Much Should Auto Insurance Cost In California?
All car insurance costs will vary based on many different factors. Your risk of accidents, the value of your car, how much coverage you buy and whether you qualify for discounts might drive your rates up or down. Our agents will work with you to combine your benefits to help you save the most you can.
8How Does Home Insurance Work In California?
Your home creates a safe space for you and your family. However, even though it is built to last, it is not indestructible. That’s why when damage occurs, you’ll want to repair the home as best you can. Home insurance is designed to help you afford these costs without risking your own financial security.
9What Does Home Insurance Cover In California?
Like any other insurance policy, home insurance must be customized to your needs. Your policy usually must contain several types of benefits:
- Dwelling Coverage: This insures your house itself against damage.
- Detached Structures Coverage: This covers other buildings on your property like detached garages, carports or storage sheds in case of damage.
- Liability Insurance: If you harm someone else negligently, then this coverage can compensate that person for their medical bills or property damage.
- Possessions Coverage: When something damages your belongings, this coverage can help you pay for the repairs or a replacement item.
- Loss of Use Insurance: When your home sustains damage, you might have to move out temporarily. This coverage can pay for certain living expenses during this time.
Other benefits that you might need include accidental medical payments coverage, high-value possessions riders, water and sewer backups coverage and pet liability insurance. Ask about the endorsements that you might qualify to add to your plan.
If you are looking for flood insurance or earthquake insurance, then we will help you find the appropriate plan.
10How Much Home Insurance Do I Need In California?
All our policy options can be customized for high-value homes, condominiums, landlord-owned properties, and mobile or manufactured homes. That’s why we will work with you to increase your coverage in the most effective ways. Our goal is to protect your home’s full property value as closely as possible. That way, we will minimize your personal losses from any household accident.