Owning a car is dangerous. This is a valuable piece of equipment, not to mention one that could cause significant harm if the driver ever loses control. Plus, damage risks exist not only when you drive, but also when your car is parked in your driveway or anywhere in between. That's why it's important that you have car insurance on your vehicle at all times.
BluCanopy gives drivers the opportunity to insure their homes and cars all in one place. We offer the best deals on top-rated auto, renters and homeowners policy bundles, so don't hesitate to connect with us at (800) 573-0226 to talk about your insurance needs or get an online quote today.
How Do I Choose Car Insurance?
A new car costs an average of $37,000. Once you factor in the costs of registration, taxes, maintenance and fuel, that's an even bigger investment — one that you don't want to lose in the event of an accident or other damaging event. Car insurance can help you in these situations because it will pay for a lot of these costs of recovery on your behalf.
What Coverage Will My Policy Include?
Car insurance policies offer multiple types of coverage, usually including:
- Liability: If you make a mistake, and cause a wreck, then this coverage can pay for the costs of third parties — other drivers and pedestrians — since their losses were deemed your fault.
- Collision: When a wreck damages your car, use this coverage to help pay for vehicle repairs.
- Comprehensive: If storms, fires, theft or similar hazards damage your car, this coverage can pay.
- Un-/Under-Insured: Another driver might be at-fault for a wreck, but they might not have liability insurance to pay you for your losses. This coverage on your own policy can pay instead.
- Medical Payments: If you get hurt in a wreck, coverage can pay for some of your medical costs.
- Roadside Assistance: If you have a breakdown, your policy can help you receive assistance.
- Rental Car Coverage: While your vehicle is in the shop being repaired, your policy can help pay for your rental car.
In many cases, your state will require you to buy certain amounts of insurance (usually liability and un/under coverage). However, you can always add extra coverage into your policy. By expanding your coverage, you'll be able to receive more money in the event of a costly accident.
How Much Should I Be Paying For Car Insurance?
Car insurance premiums vary based on many factors, such as:
- The type and value of your car
- How much coverage you buy
- Your credit score
- Your driving record and accident history
- The location where the vehicle is registered
At BluCanopy, we know that you want to pay an affordable cost for your policy, so we can help you compare different policy options to choose the one that's most-affordable for you.
Frequently Asked Car Insurance Questions
1How Can I Get The Lowest Car Insurance Rates?
Car insurance rates are often flexible, so you might see yours change year to year. Don't hesitate to work with BluCanopy to learn more about how you can qualify for policy discounts and other savings. We can help you keep your coverage affordable well into the future.
2Which Insurance Is Best For A New Car?
You usually need more coverage when you buy a new car. At minimum, if you finance the vehicle, your lender will likely require you to buy collision and comprehensive coverage, in addition to your state's required liability insurance. Some lenders will also require drivers to have gap insurance, which pays for any money remaining on your loan after your insurers settles with you for a car that's a total loss.