You have likely saved up money for years to buy a house. So, once you move into the property, you must be ready to protect it. Your home is worth money, and it represents an incalculable value to you and your family. One of the best safeguards you can obtain for that value is homeowners insurance.
BluCanopy offers the best in homeowners insurance policies, and we can help you find the one that's perfect for your home and family. Connect with us at (800) 573-0226 to talk about your insurance needs or get an online quote today.
How Does Homeowners Insurance Work?
Household damages from such hazards as fires, severe weather, or falling objects could get very costly. People use homeowners insurance as a way to protect themselves following such losses. The policy can pay for numerous types of household damage, possessions losses, and even legal costs if someone sues you. All you need to do is contact BluCanopy to see when your policy can offer you help.
What Does A Homeowners Insurance Policy Cover?
There are many different types of coverage within the standard homeowners policy:
- Dwelling: After an accident — such as a fire, severe weather or vandalism
— use this coverage to pay for repairs to the home.
- Other Structures: Worried about rebuilding fences, gazebos or carports following damage? This coverage can help you pay for that damage without borrowing from your dwelling coverage.
- Contents: Your belongings need protection, and this coverage can insure clothes, electronics, furniture and many other household items.
- Loss of Use: Damage to your property might force you to move out. Loss of use coverage can pay for many of your costs of living (such as hotels and dining) until you return home.
- Liability: Also called at-fault insurance, this coverage pays when you do damage to someone or something else. If a neighbor falls down your steps, this coverage might pay for their medical bills, and cover any legal costs that might appear if they sue you.
You can also add various extensions to your policy to make coverage more specific. For example:
- By adding scheduled items endorsements to the policy, you can insure high-value items — such as jewelry — separately from your contents limits.
- You might add a sewer backup coverage endorsement to the policy to cover floods brought on by an overflowing plumbing system.
- Consider getting a home business endorsement to cover your home office.
There are numerous other enhancements BluCanopy can help you make to your policy. With our one-to-one approach to policy services, we guarantee we will meet your specific policy needs every time.
Why Should I Buy Coverage?
If you don't have homeowners insurance, then even small-scale household damage might cost you thousands of dollars to repair. Why struggle to afford the costs? By getting a homeowners policy, you will have a security cushion when you need it.
Frequently Asked Home Insurance Questions
1How Does A Home Insurance Claim Work?
BluCanopy is here to help you whenever you want to make a claim on your policy. All you have to do is contact us. We can tell you both how your policy can help you, and what you need to do to make your claim a success.
2What Is Not Covered By Homeowners Insurance?
Your homeowners policy will only cover damage to your home up to a certain amount of money — your policy limits. It will also exclude certain items (such as boats or business equipment) from coverage unless you add a policy endorsement. Most policies also don’t include coverage for floods caused by weather (such as flash floods).
3What Is The Average Cost Of Homeowners Insurance?
Chances are, you won't even pay the same premium as your neighbor. Insurance underwriters want to know their likelihood of having to pay a claim on your behalf. That's why they take such factors as your property value, location and credit rating to determine what they will charge you for your policy.
4How Can I Save On Home Insurance?
It's crucial that you never go without homeowners insurance coverage — or else you might violate coverage requirements set by your mortgage lenders. You shouldn't have to lose coverage because you didn't pay for your policy. That's why we'll help you compare policies, adjust limits, tailor deductibles and tap into discounts to keep your policy affordable at all times.