Protection For Renters, Auto And Home Insurance In The Prairie State
Personal and financial security are things that everyone deserves, and when it comes to protecting the important items in your life, you should be able to rely on the benefits of a strong personal insurance portfolio. Here at BluCanopy, we can help you design quality benefits that provide you with exceptional coverage at an affordable price.
For Illinois residents, we offer top-rated auto, home and renters insurance options that can be easily customized to the needs of every individual. Whether you are a newcomer to the Land of Lincoln, or a lifelong resident, our insurance experts are committed to helping you find the best personal insurance solutions for both your coverage needs and your budget.
To get your coverage today, click the button below for a free quote:
Start Your Quote
Common Illinois Insurance Questions
1What Does Renters Insurance Cover in Illinois?
You might not own your home, but you still have an insurable interest in it. Renters insurance helps you safeguard yourself against the liabilities present in your home, without burdening you with the coverage that is necessary only for full homeowners.
Coverage offered by most policies includes:
- Liability Insurance: This provides compensation if you cause bodily injuries or property damage to someone else. If you damage the rental home or a neighboring unit, then you can use this coverage to repay the owner or other tenant for their property damage.
- Personal Possessions Insurance: This protects your belongings against such damaging incidents as fire, theft and vandalism.
- Additional Living Expenses (ALE): This provides monetary help if you must live somewhere else while property you rent is being rebuilt or repaired following a covered loss.
You can enhance your policy with further benefits like:
- Scheduled items riders
- Pet bite liability insurance
- Umbrella liability coverage
With the help of BluCanopy, you can tailor your benefits in an optimized way without having to spend astronomical prices. Most renters insurance policies are highly affordable, usually costing less than $20 per month.
2Am I Required to Buy Renters Insurance in Illinois?
When you sign your lease, check to see if it includes a requirement for you to buy renters insurance. Most landlords require tenants to carry at least a minimum amount of liability insurance, which will help free the landlord from certain liabilities that center on the tenant.
3What Auto Insurance Coverage do I Need in Illinois?
Auto insurance is a huge safety cushion for most drivers. If you have an accident, your car gets stolen, or something like a fire or severe weather damages the vehicle, then countless recovery costs might arise. These might include costs of vehicle repairs, injuries, or accident lawsuits filed against you because a wreck was your fault.
The coverage provided by quality auto insurance will help you be able to withstand these financial challenges. Coverage that most drivers need includes:
- Liability Insurance: When an accident is deemed your fault, this coverage help you pay for the damage you do to others (such as other drivers) who weren’t in the car with you.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This plan pays for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: This pays for damage to the other party’s property.
- Collision Insurance: This covers damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This coverage pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Medical Payments Coverage/Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in an accident, this coverage can pay for your medical bills. It sometimes will cover other losses, like lost income.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance: This insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
There are numerous other benefits that you might be able to add into your policy, such as:
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Vanishing deductibles
- Gap insurance
4Is Auto Insurance Required in Illinois?
Illinois’ at-fault auto insurance laws require all drivers to carry at least the following coverage:
- $25,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per person
- $50,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per accident
- $20,000 Property Damage Liability Coverage
- $25,000 Uninsured Motorist (UM) Bodily Injury Coverage per person
- $50,000 Uninsured Motorist (UM) Bodily Injury Coverage per accident
- Underinsured Motorist (UIM) Bodily Injury Coverage is also required if you buy higher limits on your UM coverage.
Of course, all drivers are recommended to carry higher coverage than the minimum limits, and we can help you tailor yours so that you get the best combination of both benefits and price.
5What Does Home Insurance Cover in Illinois?
Along with your car, your home is probably one of the most expensive pieces of property you will ever buy. It’s also vulnerable to numerous risks like break-ins, fires and severe weather. Any problem could lead to property damage, personal insecurity and financial challenges as you try to pick up the pieces.
However, quality homeowners insurance benefits will make sure you have the money you need to recover from these losses. Policies can be customized for homes of all shapes and sizes including high-value homes, condominiums, mobile homes, rental homes and more.
Essential benefits within most plans include:
- Structure Coverage: This insures your house in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft, vandalism or other hazards.
- Detached Structures Coverage: Other buildings on your property – such as fences, carports, gazebos and detached garages - will have coverage.
- Possessions Insurance: This pays for damaged belongings. Protection might cover everything from furniture to food in the pantry and computer systems.
- Liability Coverage: If you accidentally harm someone else or damage their property, you can use this coverage to repay them. Coverage will often pay for incidents both on and off your property.
- Additional Living Expense Protection: Do you need to move out temporarily after household damage? Let this coverage reimburse you for expenses like dining or hotel bills.
Other coverage that you can use to further tailor your benefits includes:
- Scheduled items riders
- Replacement cost value possessions coverage
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Flood insurance
- Earthquake and windstorm endorsements
- Pet liability insurance
6Is Homeowners Insurance Mandatory in Illinois?
If you plan to finance your home, then your lender will likely require you to buy homeowners insurance and maintain it for the life of the mortgage. However, regardless of requirement, you should still consider this benefit as a non-negotiable part of your insurance portfolio.
Concerned About Insurance Costs? We Can Help
Here at BluCanopy, we understand that everyone wants both affordability and value out of their insurance benefits. To help make sure you can seamlessly fit your policies into your household budget, we will compare all the coverage options within our network of trusted carriers to ensure you get the ones that are right for you.
Plus, we’ll make sure to help you bundle your plans and apply discounts that will always ease your cost burden. You can trust us to perfect your coverage, so you never wind up paying anything more than an optimized price for your essential benefits.
Start Your Quote