Renters, Auto And Home Insurance Coverage In The Lone Star State
Texas continues to see massive population growth, and with each new resident, there come multiple insurable interests. Whether you are a new resident of the Lone Star State, or have lived here all your life, you need the reassurance of knowing that you can protect everything you hold dear with quality personal insurance benefits. With BluCanopy as your all-in-one insurance provider, you can find both the benefits you need and prices you can afford.
Our goal is to offer every Texan customized, secure and reliable auto, homeowners and renters insurance options. Our agency experts build relationships with every client from day one, and we believe that by getting to know you, we will be able to offer you the ease of service you deserve when you are in the market for essential insurance benefits.
To get your coverage today, click the button below for a free quote:
Start Your Quote
Common Texas Insurance Questions
1What Does Renters Insurance Cover in Texas?
You might not own your home, but you still have an insurable interest in it. Renters insurance helps you safeguard yourself against the liabilities present in your home, without burdening you with the coverage that is necessary only for full homeowners.
Coverage offered by most policies includes:
- Liability Insurance: This provides compensation if you cause bodily injuries or property damage to someone else. If you damage the rental home or a neighboring unit, then you can use this coverage to repay the owner or other tenant for their property damage.
- Personal Possessions Insurance: This protects your belongings against such damaging incidents as fire, theft and vandalism.
- Additional Living Expenses (ALE): This provides monetary help if you must live somewhere else while property you rent is being rebuilt or repaired following a covered loss.
You can enhance your policy with further benefits like:
- Scheduled items riders
- Pet bite liability insurance
- Umbrella liability coverage
With the help of BluCanopy, you can tailor your benefits in an optimized way without having to spend astronomical prices. Most renters insurance policies are highly affordable, usually costing less than $20 per month.
2Am I Required to Buy Renters Insurance in Texas?
When you sign your lease, check to see if it includes a requirement for you to buy renters insurance. Most landlords require tenants to carry at least a minimum amount of liability insurance, which will help free the landlord from certain liabilities that center on the tenant.
3What Auto Insurance Coverage do I Need in Texas?
Auto insurance is a huge safety cushion for most drivers. If you have an accident, your car gets stolen, or something like a fire or severe weather damages the vehicle, then countless recovery costs might arise. These might include costs of vehicle repairs, injuries, or accident lawsuits filed against you because a wreck was your fault.
The coverage provided by quality auto insurance will help you be able to withstand these financial challenges. Coverage that most drivers need includes:
4Is Auto Insurance Required in Texas?
Texas’ at-fault auto insurance laws require all drivers to carry at least the following coverage:
- $30,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per person
- $60,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per accident
- $25,000 Property Damage Liability Coverage
Of course, all drivers are recommended to carry higher coverage than the minimum limits, and we can help you tailor yours so that you get the best combination of both benefits and price.
5What Does Home Insurance Cover in Texas?
Along with your car, your home is probably one of the most expensive pieces of property you will ever buy. It’s also vulnerable to numerous risks like break-ins, fires and severe weather. Any problem could lead to property damage, personal insecurity and financial challenges as you try to pick up the pieces.
However, quality homeowners insurance benefits will make sure you have the money you need to recover from these losses. Policies can be customized for homes of all shapes and sizes including high-value homes, condominiums, mobile homes, rental homes and more.
Essential benefits within most plans include:
- Structure Coverage: This insures your house in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft, vandalism or other hazards.
- Detached Structures Coverage: Other buildings on your property – such as fences, carports, gazebos and detached garages - will have coverage.
- Possessions Insurance: This pays for damaged belongings. Protection might cover everything from furniture to food in the pantry and computer systems.
- Liability Coverage: If you accidentally harm someone else or damage their property, you can use this coverage to repay them. Coverage will often pay for incidents both on and off your property.
- Additional Living Expense Protection: Do you need to move out temporarily after household damage? Let this coverage reimburse you for expenses like dining or hotel bills.
Other coverage that you can use to further tailor your benefits includes:
- Scheduled items riders
- Replacement cost value possessions coverage
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Flood insurance
- Earthquake and windstorm endorsements
- Pet liability insurance
6Is Homeowners Insurance Mandatory in Texas?
If you plan to finance your home, then your lender will likely require you to buy homeowners insurance and maintain it for the life of the mortgage. However, regardless of requirement, you should still consider this benefit as a non-negotiable part of your insurance portfolio.
Concerned About Insurance Costs? We Can Help
Here at BluCanopy, we understand that everyone wants both affordability and value out of their insurance benefits. To help make sure you can seamlessly fit your policies into your household budget, we will compare all the coverage options within our network of trusted carriers to ensure you get the ones that are right for you.
Plus, we’ll make sure to help you bundle your plans and apply discounts that will always ease your cost burden. You can trust us to perfect your coverage, so you never wind up paying anything more than an optimized price for your essential benefits.
Start Your Quote